LOCATION: Red School Ranch - Jefferson County, CO
SIZE: Main level 3162 sf
Upper level 3062 sf Garage 936 sf
- • Mountain meadow in a serene valley west of Golden, CO.
- • Nestled into the existing hillside to reduce wind exposure and articulated to fit the natural contours.
- • 360 deg views of pasture land and nearby surrounding mountains.
- • Excellent solar exposure.
- • Views and access to an adjacent site pond.
- • Existing homestead ranch out-buildings remained. Exterior
- • A unique compilation of indigenous “Mountain Ranch Rustic” elements dictated by the interior architecture.
- • Materials: Stone, wood and metal roof. Interior • Generously sized open layout. • Views and sunlight throughout.
- • Only primary living spaces were included - redundant spaces eliminated.
- • Dramatic overlooks between levels.
- • Soaring ceiling lines.
- • Rustic exposed timber framing.
- • Light induction cupola allows direct sunlight into the rear of the building.
- • Large, open kitchen is open to and communicates with dining and living spaces.
- • Effectively zoned for living, sleeping, working and entertaining.